We value your trust and take the protection of your personal information very seriously. This document outlines the way in which we collect, hold, secure, use and share your personal information. We encourage you to read it, so that you are comfortable with what we do and can help us improve your experiences with us.
1. What is Covered By This Policy
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold
- how we collect and hold it
- the purposes for which we collect, hold and use it
- how we secure it
- how, and to whom, we share your personal information, including overseas, and why
- your right to access and correct it
- how you may contact us if you wish to make a complaint or enquire about privacy matters.
2. What is Personal Information
As defined by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), “personal information” means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Any time we use the term “personal information” in this policy, we are referring to this definition of the term.
3. What kinds of personal information do we collect and how we collect it
We always want to provide you with the highest level of service, so we collect and hold personal information necessary for our business activities and to enable us to provide the information, goods or services you might be looking for. If we do not collect the information, we may not be able to provide these things.
We collect your personal information directly from you when you activate or use our services, interact with us, either in person, over the telephone or electronically (e.g. via websites, apps, social media posts, chats, telephone, emails and/or SMS) or as otherwise required by law. For example:
- your contact details including your name, email addresses, telephone numbers, residential and delivery addresses;
- your loyalty card number; or
- an electronic copy of the written communication or voice recording of the conversation (we always let you know when your conversations with us will be recorded).
Below are some examples of personal information we may collect from you and how we collect that information:
When you shop with us or interact with our store:
- your contact details
- information about your orders and purchases, including what, how, and when you buy from us, how you paid for purchases (including payment card details and transaction details);
- information about your online browsing behaviour on our internet sites and apps, including promotions you activated, as well as items you have added to your carts;
- information collected and held via our secure financial systems about the payment method you use for your purchases from us; and
- like many websites, tracking technologies, such as “cookies”, are used to obtain certain types of information such as application activities, current location of your device, type and version of your browser, your device ID and other device metrics when you visit our websites, apps or our trusted partners’ websites or apps
4. Do you collect my sensitive information?
Some of our products and services may require us to collect your “sensitive information” (which is defined in the Privacy Act and is a subset of ‘personal information’) from you or from other sources. Sensitive information is only obtained with your consent or in certain limited permitted situations.
5. How do you secure my information
Your personal information is important to us. We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
Any personal information we hold is generally stored electronically in computers or cloud systems operated by us or by our service providers. We implement a range of information security measures and encryption protocols when we handle your personal information to protect it from unauthorised access, loss, misuse or wrongful alteration.
We may collect information from your current device using cookies or other technologies, including your online browsers or apps to protect your account security. See Section 3 for examples of what kinds of information we may collect.
We protect your payment card details with encryption and hashing methods. Do not include your full card details when you communicate with us via email, SMS or chat messages. If we have to make a reference to your payment card number, we will only refer to the last four digits in any form of written communications.
6. For what purposes do You collect, hold and use My personal information?
We primarily collect, hold and use your personal information to supply, promote and sell goods and services that you have requested, or which may be of interest to you, so that we can improve and personalise your experiences. This may also include the products and services of our suppliers and trusted partners.
We may use your personal information for purposes which are incidental to the sale and promotion of our goods and services, or for other purposes which are within your reasonable expectation or permitted by law.
7. Marketing Communications
When you purchase an item from us or register to hold an account, we may send you commercial electronic messages and tailored advertising if you agree to let us do so. We may send you these messages via various channels and media (including by email, SMS, phone and mail, or via advertising on certain websites and social media), but only where you have not opted out of receiving such electronic messages from us.
You can opt out of commercial electronic messages by using the relevant unsubscribe facility which is typically provided with the marketing message itself.
8. How can I access my personal information?
You have a right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. You can access or correct your personal information on your online profile via your online account at any time.
However, before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require verification of proof of identity. There is no charge to submit a request to correct or access your personal information, however, we may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
9. How can I correct my personal information?
If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the forms or phone numbers displayed on this website.